Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

ASVAB Scaled Scoring

As a tutor for the ASVAB,  I am often asked how to obtain an AFQT scaled score for practice exams. Although I have found methods online for doing so, the results have not been useful. The formula I most often see is:
AFQT Scaled Score = 2VE + AR + MK, where VE is obtained from a WK+PC conversion chart.

In addition, AR and MK apparently are weighted scores that only the Department of Defense can calculate, and that depend on the difficulty of questions answered correctly.

Have you found an AFQT calculation method that gives meaningful results? If so, please post here ... I'd welcome this information, as would other ASVAB tutors and test-takers, I imagine.

By the way, I've used both Master the ASVAB (link at left) and ASVAB: Your Total Solution by REA, and have found Master the ASVAB to be more thorough in its coverage of most subjects, particularly the Word Knowledge section, which is pretty sparse in REA's Your Total Solution.

I recommend finding flashcards for vocab study to speed up the process. Here are 533 terms and definitions for practice:
http://quizlet.com/4536961/asvab-word-knowledge-flash-cards/

Other materials I've used with decent success can be linked to through the images below. Happy Studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment