Popular Posts

Monday, January 9, 2012

First Day of Nursing School -- Success!

Yes, I successfully made it through the first day of nursing school. Glad to know my diligence as a student has paid off as, with strong study skills and test-taking abilities, I should do fine in the lecture portion of class. My main concern lies with skill-building. I'm hoping I remember and can be proficient with the umpteen steps required to master each skill.

Lots of group exercises in both lecture and lab and as a one-on-one type of person, I find this configuration most intimidating. Somehow, I'll perservere. I made sure I purchased all available study and skill guides to supplement my study. I also got the NCLEX study guide as I might as well start preparing for that as we go along.

Hoping the rest of the semester goes as well as I think it will. Please weigh in on your experiences as a first year nursing student (if applicable). So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment